Monday 22 November 2010

Anderson Wakeman Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.

Three concerts in four days, with a stinking cold! It was a challenge, and I was ready.
Having had to duck out of going to see The Manfreds due to germ warfare in my body, I was determined not to miss out the gigs I had been looking forward to the most.
I was especially looking forward to the Anderson Wakeman gig. I saw Jon Anderson twice last year and I had never seen Rick Wakeman before.
The set opened with Starship Trooper, which made my day, (if you want to know why google the words in my blog header graphic) and included a hefty collection of audience favourites among the new songs being showcased. The strongest of the news tracks was probably House of Freedom, coincidentally the strongest track of The Living Tree CD.
The banter betwen the songs was amusing yet brief, concentrating on the music. It was a joy to see two artists so into the music they were offering, not just performing for the sake of promotion (although they were obviously plugging the new disc.)
Highlights for me were Southside of the Sky, Your Move, a lovely rendition of Soon and the show closer, The Meeting. I adore this last song, and getting to hear it live proved to be a tad emotional, tears rolled in the taxi home!
Jon sounded much better and much stronger vocally than when I saw his solo tour last year.  And I was looking forward to seeing this show again in Manchester in November, however 80+ miles an hour winds and the revenge of the head cold sadly put pay to that.

Yours Is No Disgrace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...