Tuesday 22 September 2015

Crosby Stills and Nash - Manchester 21st September 2015

Venue - Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
Gig Buddies - Stephen and Phil
Gig Booty - None, I'm still skint from my last gig!


I don't think I've been let down by a CSN live show since the first time I saw them in 1992. Last night was no exception (once the sound settled down after the first song sounding like we were in an empty warehouse). First thought as they walked on stage was how great Croz is currently looking. This makes me happy as he makes such lovely music and I want him to carry on for a good while yet.

I went to this gig, tired and achy and wondering if I'd make it the end but I needn't have worried, these guys have the power to lift me right up and by the end of the gig I was buzzing from the show.

So many great moments, but I've picked out a few highlights -

 - I love Southern Cross so getting to hear it live is always a bonus.

 - Graham dedicated Our House to the youngest member of the audience, who was seven.

 - There was a good helping of newer stuff from everyone. I particularly enjoyed the Stephen Stills offering Virtual World.

 - Almost Cut My Hair was epic, as usual.

 - The nod to George Harrison in Suite: Judy Blue Eyes at the end. (Stills plays a bit of With In You With Out You)

Some of the audience took a while to warm up, but others were very enthusiastic. I think the two girls dancing on the front row were sat near me last time I saw them at the Manchester Arena.

I'll leave you with some pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...