Friday 26 July 2013

CD Review - Ashtray Makeup by Dave Rave and The Governors

I am definitely compelled to declare bias due to friendship over this one. Mind you if I didn't like it I would be honest about. Thankfully I have very talented friends.

I have already played this album more than Dave's last album Live With What You Know and I am extremely biased about the opening track of that one!

Ashtray Makeup is a mix of punky, power-poppy tunes and sweet melodic pieces, though emphasis is on the former. Personal favourites are A Little Messed Up and Long Way To Go, both reminiscent of the late, great Ramones. If you were in the audience for Dave's IPO gigs in the UK you would have been treated to a live version of the gently melodic Wake Up Song, another album highlight.

Here's the video for Gini's Still Trying





Official Page
Facebook


Download Ashtray Makeup from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...