Friday 30 December 2011

2011

2011 afforded me a chance to see several of my favourite people live, picking out highlights is difficult.

Looking back I experienced my best gig of the year way on back in January. The 50th Anniversary and Final Night of the Jacqui and Bridie Folk Club at the Liverpool Philharmonic was phenomenal.

I can’t say I explored a lot of new music this year, just stuff that was new to me. The exception was Matt Stevens and The Fierce and The Dead whose output has been the soundtrack to most of my writing and other work on the computer.

Of course May saw the International Pop Overthrow in Liverpool. I adore this event. I get to be surrounded by some of my favourite musically talented people, all of whom are amazingly lovely as well. Roll on the 2012 event!

Events are already booked for next year (see the sidebar for my upcoming giggage) and hopefully I will be posting here more often too.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...